Saturday 18 January 2014

Moments that mattered to me in 2013.

As a regular reader of blogs and loving to enter competitions I stumbled across a great competition on one of my favourite blogs  http://www.awaywiththefairiesblog.com/ in conjunction with Lloyds Bank  to win a Mini IPad worth £249!!! As an Apple gadget lover it's definitely something that I would like to give a shot!

For the competition I have to tell you about the moments that mattered to me in 2013.......

Quite frankly 2013 was the best year of my life. Admittedly I did have a bit of a low which I will get too but i'll start with the most memorable moment of, not just 2013, but my life! On 16/02/13 I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl Lucie. It was a painful 48 hour labour but worth every minute. They say you will never find a love like it and they're right. It's an incredible feeling and I felt proud of my little family as a whole. Myself and my partner Chris decided that we didn't want to put any pictures of our daughter on Facebook as we both think this is a decision she should be making when she's older. But I can tell you that she is the most beautiful little girl and I know i'll remain proud for the rest of my life.

 
^ Myself and my boyfriend Chris.

Our first family holiday also happened this year in June when we went to Devon, We decided a trip abroad with a 4 month old maybe too much so we decided on the UK. We had an amazing time. Lucie rolled over for the first time whilst we was away which to be honest made the trip. My favourite thing we bought on holiday was a glass cast of Lucie's hands and feet which we got made at a local glassworks!

I attended the Clothes Show Live in December. I've been attended the Clothes Show Live for a number of years and 2013's was the best one I'd been to in a while. The trends were Tartan and Sparkles and all the outfits at Acatel One Touch Fashion Arena were incredible. You can read about my trip to the Clothes Show Live here..... Clothes Show Live 2013



The last memorable and rather scary memory of 2013 involved a certain trip to the doctors for a smear test. Mine results came back with abnormalities. Resulting in hospital visits and an operation to remover pre cancerous cells. Sounds pretty deep I know, but it was memorable to me as it gave me a swift reality check that you should always be on top of things regarding your health. Many girls I know put off smear tests through the fear. Two minutes of being uncomfortable is more than worth it trust me! Luckily mine hadn't progressed into Cancer and was just pre cancerous cells but I wrote about my ordeal on Facebook to make other girls aware and it prompted more than one person to book their smear test which they admitted they'd been putting off so I was extremely pleased that by me speaking out that these girls actually went for their smear tests.

I'm also very proud of my blog which I started in 2013. As a new mum, working and seeing my boyfriend the fact I can even find time to write my blog is great and has been a great way of me spending my free time doing something I enjoy. I love the fact that people have taken the time to read my blog and commented and liked it.

You can visit the Lloyds Bank website here..... www.lloydsbank.com


What we're your most memorable moments??


No comments:

Post a Comment